FAQ and Store Policies
- What is porcelain and how do you work?
Porcelain is a clay variety which is very strong when fired. Another characteristic of porcelain is that the clay can be worked very thin, so thin that it becomes translucent after firing. Most of the time I fire all pieces at least twice. First at a low temperature, after which I can apply glazes. After that it is fired at a minimum of 1234°C, the temperature were it goes translucent. Sometimes I fire the pieces again, for example for the gold luster. Naturel porcelain is white, but one can add pigments or stains to the clay to give it other colors, the color is then throughout. When a glaze is applied, it is only on the surface. Each piece is handmade by me in porcelain clay, all the figures are hand sculpted, for basic forms, such as half balls, I use a mold.
- How can I keep porcelain clean?
Blow it kisses to keep the daily dust off, or dust with a soft brush. Non electrical item may washed by hand or in the dishwasher. Jewelry can be cleaned with a brush and some toothpaste, followed by a good rinse and a thorough dry.
- How do you pack your items for secure shipping?
All my items come carefully wrapped. Most come in a giftbox lined with felt or another gift wrapping. This package goes into the shipping box with lots of bubble wrap. For this I use as much recycled boxes and wrap as possible, to save the environment and on shipping costs. I have lots of lovey neighbors who keep boxes and bubble wrap aside for me.
- What is the processing time?
Ready to ship and will be dispatched with 24h on workdays, else on the first following workday morning. Custom orders as per the description or agreed processing time.
- What are the delivery times?
- Europe: 1-10 business days
- North America: 1-2 weeks
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania: 2-5 weeks
- Asia Pacific: 2-5 weeks
- Latin America and the Caribbean: 3-5 weeks
- North Africa and the Middle East: 3-5 weeks
- Sub-Saharan Africa: 3-5 weeks
These delivery times cannot be guaranteed, especially around Christmas there can be delays at customs, which prolongs these delivery times.
- What about customs and import taxes?
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply.
- Do you accept returns, cancellations or exchanges?
I gladly accept returns, exchanges and cancellations for most items*
- Contact me within: 14 days of delivery
- Send items back within: 21 days of delivery
- Request a cancellation within: 2 hours of purchase
*The following items can’t be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can’t accept returns for:
- Custom or personalised orders
- Items on sale
Conditions of returns:
Buyers are responsible for return postage costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.